A slightly different post today where I’m going to show a pretty busy day where my face went through a bit of a thrashing and how my face, and the products that were on it, coped. So sit back, relax and enjoy!
8:30am: Wake up, or struggle to wake up. Turn on the light, put a video on my laptop and check my forehead to see how oily it got in the night (yes really, that’s a thing).
8:45am: Skincare time! I splash a bit of water on my face and then delve into my products, which you can read about in more detail here.
9:00am: Now it’s time to apply the face that is meant to last for the rest of the day, no pressure products!
- A mix of the Makeup Forever Mattifying Primer and the L’Oreal Lasting Perfection Primer
- L’Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Foundation in Porcelain
- Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15, Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Light and the L’Oreal True Match Highlighting Concealer in Ivory Beige
- Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder in Vanilla
- A combination of the Soap and Glory Brow Archery in Hot Chocolate and the Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown
- Mac Painterly Paint Pot to prime my eyes
- Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette (Prime shade all over the lid and in the inner corner, Enhance in the crease and Smoke in the outer corner and under the eye)
- L’Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim in Black
- Rimmel Kohl Kajal in Jet Black
- A mix of the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara and the Tarte Lights Camera Splashes Waterproof Mascara
- Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy
- Silk Teddy eyeshadow from the Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette as a cheek and brow bone highlight
- Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Sexy Sienna
9:30am: Pack supplies! These are the products I took with me to touch up; Sephora Blotting Paper in Cool Mint, Mini Benefit Porefessional Agent Zero Shine Powder with a mini brush, Rimmel Kohl Kajal and Charlotte Tilbury Sexy Sienna Lipstick.
10:00am-3:00pm: University fun times! A mix of lectures and seminars which don’t put too much strain on my face. I reapplied my lipstick after eating a tuna sandwich for my lunch.
3:00pm: Gym! I’ve been trying to go to the gym at least four times a week so I took advantage of the hour break between lectures and went for a bit of a gym sesh.
3:45pm: This was the time when I did a ‘proper’ touch up. I blotted my face with the blotting papers to get rid of the oil that had built up throughout the day and then powdered to stop any more oil coming through and also to top up my base coverage wise. I then lined my waterline once again as it had all worn away and applied my lipstick for a third and final time, although I had to wipe it off and then reapply because to be honest it was still pretty much all in tact on my lips.
5:00pm: End of the uni day! I was meeting my dad for tea because he was passing Nottingham so before he arrived I went and did a quick shop in Primark and Marks and Spencers.
6:00pm: Tea! We went for a bite to eat at Loch Fyne (more on the meal in tomorrow’s post) and it was amazing!
8:00pm: END OF THE DAY! So here’s what I thought about the products and how they performed on my face.
Both of the primers seemed to do a good job at keeping my makeup on but I think that the foundation helped. The formula is very long lasting but not overly drying so at the end of the day it was still on my face but didn’t make it look dry or caky. The concealer did pretty well too as my dark circles and spots didn’t seem too visible at the end of the day either. Bronzer, blusher and highlighter were long gone but that was to be expected. My eyeshadow was still on but I could that my eyelids were beginning to get a little oily, eyeliner on the other hand was just as winged as when I put it on, I was very impressed! Although I love the Charlotte Tilbury lipstick towards the end of the day my lips were beginning to dry out and the lipstick had become a little caky. But my lips are always dry and 12 hours is a long time to wear a matte lipstick, however non-drying the formula. I always find that my brows get better and better throughout the day so they were still on my face at the end of the day. Overall, all of these products did a great job at staying on my face and if I had to recommend one amazing long-lasting product I’d go for the L’Oreal Super Liner in Perfect Slim simply because of how amazingly long it lasted!